Senior AWS Developer
We are looking for an experienced Senior AWS Developer/ Technical Lead to join the Appscore team and work on an exciting project for one of our leading clients within the financial/banking services industry.
We are looking for someone with strong experience in AWS cloud services, dev ops, integration and API design. You will have a solid understanding of programming languages such as Node.js, Python, Java, Scala and shell scripting.
Experience with infrastructure tools such as Jenkins, Terraform and Ansible and CI/CD pipelines will also be highly regarded.
Your day to day will involve:
- Promote AWS and cloud best practices to maximise compute performance while minimising infrastructure costs.
- Design and develop ‘infrastructure as code’.
- Keep up to date with AWS and other cloud providers.
- Able to work with different data structures e.g. streaming, real-time, file based, RDS, noSQL, etc.
- Actively contribute to planning sessions both within the core Salesforce/AWS Integration engineering team and the wider Strategic CRM team.
- Work on software and data engineering for bespoke projects.
- Work with architects, delivery squads, communities of practice, projects, other technology teams, vendors and other delivery partners.
Experience and skill requirements:
- 5+ years of technical experience in infrastructure design, support and operations.
- 3 + years Node.js experience
- 3+ years of AWS experience, preferably AWS certified.
- Hands-on experience with DynamoDB, Lambda, S3, SNS, SQS, Step Functions, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, IAM.
- Strong practical experience with designing infrastructure for RESTful services.
- Experience designing, installing, configuring complex integrations across different cloud services and regions
- Experience with ‘infrastructure as code’, e.g. SAM, Cloud Formation
- Exposure to DevOps and Agile.
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant technical subject.
- Experience with Jenkins and GitHub